The Grind

Why do Bulldogs Enjoy the Daily Grind Cafe?

RICHARD GALLINA

RICHARD GALLINA

Gillian Hawken, Student Life & Culture

The Daily Grind Cafe is a very popular location for young people to have a nice cup of coffee, while enjoying each other’s company and listening to some unique music.  If you haven’t had the pleasure of experiencing the cafe yourself, you are missing out.  The walls are covered in art and and the rooms are filled with happy chatting people. Most people don’t go there for the coffee, they go there for the environment. The whole place just feels welcoming, once you walk through the doors.

I went there this last Saturday with a friend and we happened to run into one of our very own Centennial High School students, having a coffee with his friends. We luckily, were able to ask him a few questions about The Grind. When asked what he think makes The Grind so much more different than any other coffee shop in town, Dimitri gave us his view on the question by stating that, “it’s very modern and it’s the ‘cool’ place to go.” He went on to state that it’s where our generation likes to hangout because of its environment.  I also asked him why he thinks that so many young people are attracted to the cafe. Dimitri said it attracts young people because “of the music it plays… even though some of it may be new stuff or old stuff.”

There are many things about the grind that would would make it the favorite hangout for many students including the environment, the music, the art, and the coffee.  It could also be the good vibes that flow through the cafe as Dimitri had stated earlier.  In his opinion, the best part about The Grind has to be the music that is played.  He loves all the different types of genres played and he really enjoys the open mic nights.  The cafe exposes people to new music, and music is such an important thing for teenagers. Everything about the cafe is different, which makes kids want to frequently visit there. If you love music, if you love art, go check out The Daily Grind. You won’t be disappointed.

RICHARD GALLINA

1 Comment

One Response to “The Grind”

1. Daniel Casillas on January 14th, 2016 11:35 am

This is an amazing article that describe what the Daily Grind is suppose to represent and how the coffee shop is to suppose to make people feel.

[Reply]

• The Grind

Senior Feature

• The Grind

Teacher Feature

• The Grind

Teacher Feature

• The Grind

Senior Feature

• The Grind

Opinions

The NCAA & March Madness is…Madness

• The Grind

News Briefs

Pueblo City Schools To Implement 4-Day Week

• The Grind

Full News Stories

Bulldogs Walk Out on Gun Violence

• The Grind

Full News Stories

Upward Bound Bulldogs Preparing for Their Future

• The Grind

Girls Soccer Preview

• The Grind

Sadie Hawkins Tradition Continues at Centennial

The Grind