Back to Article
Back to Article

Teacher Feature

Mr. Nunez Conducting Class

Mr. Nunez Conducting Class

Mr. Nunez Conducting Class

Mr. Nunez Conducting Class

Teacher Feature

Mr. Nunez

October 21, 2016

It takes time to build a reputation.  In fact, Warren Buffet is famous for pointing out that it takes 20 years to build one.  However, beginning last school year, we have all heard all about a new teacher who has quickly gained the reputation of being one of the best teachers at Centennial.  Having the opportunity to speak to this person illuminated why he has garnered this reputation so quickly.  

From a young age, Mr. Nunez knew he had a calling to be a teacher and a coach, “I have always had teachers that really influenced me and just made an impact which I thought was really awesome.”  Specifically, he mentioned another Centennial teacher that made this impact.  “I would have to say Mr. Kurtz, he really did teach me a lot and I really did look up to him the most.”  

Mr. Nunez”

— Having passion for what you do will never let you down and I just believe that passion is what drives me and how I teach

Coach Kurtz also had praise for his former student.  “Zach is definitely one of the most hard-working guys I’ve ever met, and he really does have great morals…I also think he is great teacher and coach because he really does love all of his kids.”   Coach Kurtz saw in Mr. Nunez all the makings to becoming a great teacher while he was still a student.  “You could tell he always pushed people to do their best which made me see that he could be a teacher.”

Mr. Nunez brings his coaching methods into the classroom, which what makes such a difference because the energy level is always high, as it would be on the field of play.  It is really something that just comes naturally for him.  Teaching really isn’t a job for me it’s something I truly love.”

Mr. Nunez wants to be remembered for one thing.  “Passion. Having passion for what you do will never let you down and I just believe that passion is what drives me and how I teach.”

Knowing that many students consider him to be their favorite teacher, Mr. Nunez simply chuckles because he knows how simple it is to make that connection.  “I think it’s because I love my job and I love coming to work everyday.  I really feel that the students feed off of that, which makes them want to come to my class.”

Mr. Nunez Conducting Class

Mr. Nunez Conducting Class