Bulldog Soccer Star Signs to Play Collegiately

Cara Siegel is Headed to Colorado State University-Pueblo

February 9, 2017

Cara Siegel signed her letter of intent to continue her soccer career at CSUP on February 8, 2017. Charismatic and determined, Siegel is a superb athlete and student. Throughout her career at Centennial High School, she has earned 10 Varsity letters in 3 different sports. She is a 7 time Academic Letter recipient ranked as 14th in her class. Her continuous work ethic and effort to better herself as a person make her an ideal recruit for any college.

Cara has played varsity soccer for the past 4 years making 2nd team all-conference her freshman year, 1st- Team All-Conference her sophomore year, along with 1st Team All-Conference and All State Honorable Mention her junior season. Her senior volleyball season she made 1st team All-Conference, CCGS All State Volleyball Team, and CHSAA All State Honorable Mention. Her junior basketball season she made Honorable Mention and All Defensive Team. With the amount of recognition this all star athlete has received,it’s safe to say she falls nothing short of excellence.

Centennial Alumni, coaches, family and friends entered the lower media filled with red and blue. Mr. Baker’s introduction began by discussion of Cara’s top-shelf representation of Centennial. He overturned to Coach Sterling who first acknowledged all of Centennial’s athletes signing to the collegiate level, then began his statement about Cara’s soccer career. He said, “You don’t always have 3 sport athletes… more than athletic ability, it’s her attitude. She’s always been happy. She has more energy than anyone I’ve known.”

To conclude Siegel wrote a heartfelt speech thanking everyone in the room. She ended with a moving testimony to all people who have helped her with her achievements. “So… to my school, coaches, family, friends, and teammates, thankyou for making my high school career something worth remembering!” All of her supporters were merry as she took the pen to the paper holding her future. Flashes went off and people began to celebrate knowing greatness is in store for this hard-working young woman.