AHS ‘Cult’ Recap

The 7th Season is Finally Here

http://www.eonline.com/news/872598/american-horror-story-cult-is-setting-up-a-very-interesting-love-triangle-for-sarah-paulson

Gillian Hawken, Arts & Entertainment Editor

The 7th installment of American Horror Story is here and it’s deadly. AHS ‘Cult’ is based on this last year’s presidential election, but with a twist. There is crime, murders, and more importantly some very relatable phobias. Sara Paulson’s character, Ally, has some of the creepiest phobias, making the audience cringe in every way possible while watching the television show. The first episode starts off with a group of friends on election night, watching for the results. Once Trump is announced as the new President of The United States, it triggers all of Ally’s old phobias. Coulrophobia (fear of clowns) being the most terrifying. She also has Trypophobia and Agoraphobia to add to the seemingly long list as the show continues. She spots clowns everywhere she goes and it’s just as terrifying for the audience as it is for Ally. The people around her try to convince her that it just her imagination playing tricks on her, but she is convinced that she is being targeted. We have many cast returns and new cast members that have the viewers raving. Evan Peters is back on the show for the 7th consecutive time as, Kai Anderson, the psycho Trump supporter. We have some new faces including Colton Hayes as the detective in Ally’s case and Billie Lourd from Ryan Murphy’s ‘Scream Queens’ as the crazy babysitter. The combination of the cast is brilliant and fans are saying that this season has saved the show. The last couple seasons, ‘Roanoke’ and ‘Hotel’, didn’t quite meet expectations as the storyline didn’t do what previous seasons did for the fans. This season is bringing the momentum back and filling the fans with hope. It’s almost a guaranteed reboot for a season 8 as the killer clowns and the cast bring back the nostalgia from the beginning of the production. We’re about halfway through the season and the plot twists has everyone’s hearts jumping out of their chests. The show is perfect for fall and now that Halloween is just around the corner, the show is setting the vibe up for the holiday. The unexpected turns and the crazy amount of gore is what the fans absolutely adore about the show. We don’t want the show to end.

http://www.vulture.com/2017/09/american-horror-story-cult-review.html

Gillian Hawken, News Staff

Gillian, actually pronounced Jillian, is a music enthusiast and a film lover. Give her a cup of coffee and she is the happiest girl in the world. If she...