Stranger Things 2

Spoilers Ahead

Courtesy of https://nerdist.com/everything-we-know-about-stranger-things-season-2-so-far/

Gillian Hawken, Arts & Entertainment Editor

And just like that the second season of Stranger Things is available to the world. Released on Netflix once again, the second installment includes, 9 new episodes for the show’s crazed fans to devour. It’s been a year long wait for the audience of the television series to finally get their second dose of the Netflix original and even the critics are raving. The story continues with the same group of boys that we met in the first season. Will is back, but their “party” is incomplete without Eleven (Millie Bobby Brown), the young girl with psychokinetic abilities that the boys came into contact with after Will first went missing in the Upside Down. We are then introduced to a new female character, Max, aka Mad Max, the skateboarding punk who is very closed off, but eventually opens up to the boys. Mike Wheeler (Finn Wolfhard), hasn’t given up hope on his lost friend, as Eleven disappeared in the finale of the last season, leaving the audience in shock. Mike has a soft spot for El, so he was quick to disapprove of the joining of Max. It’s been nearly a year and he still hasn’t lost hope, trying to contact her every night on his walkie talkie, hoping to just get a sign from her signaling that she is alive. This season, Will Byers (Noah Schnapp), seems to be having flashbacks of his time in the Upside Down, but as you watch, you learn that it is much deeper than that. There is more danger and the risks are higher than ever as each of the characters, some new, some old, put aside their differences and work together to put an end to the chaos in Hawkins and in theUpside Down.

But why does everyone love the show so much? It has a great storyline and the characters have depth beyond compare, but I think that it is such a successful production because it reaches out to all age groups. The show does a fantastic job of bringing nostalgic into our households. The writers do such a great job of conveying the fact that the show is taking place in the mid 80’s, from the language and the fashion, to the transportation and the decor. It all seems so authentic, that it makes the older viewers feel like they are back in the 80’s again and the younger viewers get the privilege of getting to know what it was like to live almost 40 years ago. As I watched the show with my parents, they both happened to mention that Nancy was holding a trapper keeper at school as she walked the halls of Hawkins High School. They were all the rage in 80’s. And can we talk about the music! We have classics from Bon Jovi, The Clash, Queen, Duran Duran, Oingo Boingo and so many more. Will’s older brother Jonathan even makes a comment about picking between Kenny Rodgers and David Bowie. Would you rather be friends with a normal person or a freak? The references create such a realistic production. 

The show’s second season was an undeniable success and the show’s writers have already spoken about the production of the third season’s script and Netflix renewed the series for a 3rd and 4th season. If you love a perfect combination of sci-fi and nostalgia in your television shows, Stranger Things is undeniably the show for you.

Courtesy of https://nerdist.com/stranger-things-2-spoilers-major-moments-nntb/

Courtesy of https://www.engadget.com/2017/07/22/stranger-things-season-2-full-trailer/