Bulldog Football Unveils New Uniforms

January 26, 2018

Thursday was a testament to the true spirit of the Centennial Bulldogs, after a long day of testing Bulldog spirit was in full effect for the 8th Grade night where middle schoolers from all across Pueblo came to show their interest in being the class of 2022.  With high energy running throughout the building, the showstopper of the night was the highly anticipated reveal of the brand-new Bulldogs football team jerseys.

“You wanna replace jerseys about every 5 years, the old ones were gonna be going into their 6th year so it was definitely time for new ones,” stated Jeff Wilkerson; who will be going to his second year as head coach for the Bulldogs football team.  After finishing with a 1-9 record the last year the Bulldogs will be looking for anything to show that they’re hungry for a winning season.

“We’re wiping the slate clean.” Said Coach Wilkerson when asked if the jerseys will contribute to keeping the rich tradition of Bulldog football.  

The jersey shown on display at the 8th grade night will not be the final version however, the black lining around the letters and numbers will be non-existent, as well as an accompanying away white jersey that will read CENTENNIAL across the front with red lettering.  For home contests the Bulldogs will sport a color rush as they will have accompanying red pants to match that will be worn at away games as well.  The new jerseys are reminiscent of a trend sweeping college football teams who are going with similar, yet sleeker designs opting for more color rather than design.  This can also be seen in the NFL with the formation of Thursday Night Football now being seeing as the ‘color rush’ game.