Love Mug

Steel City Scene

Paige Phillips, Staff Member

There is no doubt that Pueblo has been changing drastically, but with so much growth it’s hard to explore every new corner. There have been new department stores, new restaurants, and most excitingly, new coffee shops. The hardest part of starting a new business in a town like Pueblo is that people are always skeptical; but Love Mug has the potential to become your next favorite hang out spot.

The Love Mug sprouted in Pueblo almost a year ago but is still fairly new to the community, and is located right off of US-50 on Pueblo’s North side.

They have a wide variety of coffees, teas, and brunch options. Their coffee and non-caffeinated beverage menu feels endless; with an option for every person. Their freshly made drip coffee is a great option if you want a safe choice. The most interesting find at this coffee shop was the large variety of smoothies.  One of their most sought after commodities according to their barista, is their cabriolet turkey sandwich. They also have a wide range of bagels; and they even sell reasonably priced crepes on Saturday’s.  Whether you’re dairy-free, vegetarian, or even vegan, this cozy coffee shop includes options for the more popular dietary plans.

The food and drink options at this establishment are just one part of an amazing coffee shop. The atmosphere inside is ground-breaking in Pueblo’s community. As one of the customers put it, “Most coffee shops in town either have a business-uptight type of setting or they have a modern goth feeling.  This place just feels like home”. With a wide variety of seating and kind staff members, the scene brings you to a place of serenity.

With this being one of my first time giving this place my business, I was initially skeptical.  Once I walked in, I felt as if I had entered into a different world. The inside take you away from the busy traffic of the highway and brings you home. The barista suggested to me that I try the fastback, their signature breakfast sandwich; which was one of the best breakfast sandwiches I have ever tried. Their dark roast coffee was the perfect mixture of tarte and savory. After reviewing this coffee shop, I can happily recommend it to anyone who is looking for a wholesome experience.