Girls Soccer Preview

The Lady Bulldogs Have High Hopes for the 2K18 Season

February 22, 2018

This Spring, the Lady Bulldogs Soccer Team has high expectations when taking the field.  As previous SCL-Champs, the Centennial Girls Soccer Team is expected to continue to be the class of Pueblo High School Soccer, and are also expecting to make another state title run.

Last Spring, the Lady Bulldogs made it to the second round of playoffs where they eventually fell 5-2 to Valor Christian.  This upcoming season, head coach Jeff Sterling hopes to not only win the SCL title for the fifth time in a row, but also hopes to move past the second round of the 4A playoffs.  “I want us to continue to grow as a team and continue to give Centennial a good reputation,” said Sterling.

Senior Isabella Serena and Junior Kinley Carter have high hopes for the season as well.  “I look forward to playing my senior year with all my girls, having fun, and winning SCL again,” said Serena.  

Senior, Isabella Serena

Carter said she is most excited for season because she believes Centennial has a talented team that is “loaded” with athletes and skilled soccer players.  “I just want us to work well as a team and build up our team chemistry, so that way when we step on the field we’ll all be comfortable with each other and play some good soccer.”

Junior, Kinley Carter

The Lady Bulldogs will take the field March 8, at 4:30 against Mesa Ridge at Dutch Clark Stadium for their first game of their promising season.