Senior Feature

Tori Mitrick

April 5, 2018

“I’ve always had my future planned out, so I’m super excited to see how it plays out and watch all my dreams come true.”  Tori Mitrick, a senior at Centennial High school, looks forward to graduating and taking the next step in life and going to college.

Mitrick plans to attend Colorado State University-Pueblo next fall where she will study to become a nurse anesthetist.  “I’ve always wanted to be a nurse, I love the thought of being able to help people.” Alongside going to school to be a nurse anesthetist, Mitrick also plans to play soccer for the college on a soccer scholarship, and is excited to further not only her education but her soccer skills as well.

Tori playing for the Bulldogs last season against Elizabeth High School.

She also looks forward to meeting new people in the classroom and on the field, and being reunited with some of her former teammates from Centennial including Justine Martinez, Ashley Garrison, and Cara Siegal.

“My favorite high school memory was last year when we made it to playoffs for soccer and we ended up taking that party bus all the way to Glenwood Springs.  We were down 2-0 and had to wait for like an hour for the rainstorm to pass, and then ended up coming out strong and winning the game 3-2. That was crazy.”

In five years, Tori hopes to graduate from school while also finishing her soccer career.  After college, she foresees a steady job while starting her new life.  For now she mainly looks forward to walking across the stage in June and getting her hard earned diploma from Centennial, and saying, “Look mom, I made it!”