Senior Feature

Ivory Martinez, Sports Staff

“Having ‘senioritis’ was by far the biggest challenge this year, but look ma’ I made it!” Senior Isabella Serena, also known as ‘Bobo’, looks forward to the many new opportunities she’ll be faced with once she graduates from Centennial High school on June 2.

“Starting this new chapter in life and getting out of town to go play soccer at Northeastern Junior College really excites me because I’ll get to meet new people and be in a different place and continue playing the sport I love.” Isabella signed to Northeastern Junior College in early April,  and plans to study something in the medical field while playing soccer. After that, she plans to continue her educational journey, and go to a four year college to finish out her degree.

Isabella’s biggest inspiration is her dad, Chris Serena. “My dad is my biggest inspiration because he has always been there for me and has let me grow as a person, and he will also be my biggest support in college.” As for the teacher that has had a major influence and impact on her life, she credits Mr. Gallina. “Mr. Gallina is my most influential teacher because not only is he a teacher, but a friend. He is always there to vent to and teaches me about life every chance he gets.” Her favorite high school memory is a soccer one, which makes sense as it has been a a main focus during her time here at Centennial. “My favorite high school memory would have to be when we went to Glenwood Springs in that party bus my junior year. It really helped us grow as a team and I definitely wouldn’t trade that team for anything.”

In ten years ‘Bobo’ plans to hopefully be graduated and pursuing her dream in a hospital doing what she can to help those who need it. She also hopes to be steady on her feet and readily awaiting the many challenges of a young adult with strength and courage. Anyone who knows “Bobo” knows she is the sweetest most giving person, who will always be there for you when you need it, and that she is destined to live the life she has always dreamed of.