Filed under Features, Showcase

Meet Me in a Minute Featuring Jenna Lewis

Back to Article
Back to Article

Being a freshman isn’t the easiest, we have all found that out the hard way. But it also never turns out to be as horrible as incoming 8th graders make it out to be. One thing that made the transition of coming from middle to high school so effortless for Freshman, Jenna Lewis, was having already known the staff and ways around Centennial. So while other freshman are running around frantic because they can’t find their class, Jenna already knew who to go to and where it was located. She also says high school is a lot better than middle school, “High school is a lot less strict than middle school.  I just have more freedom to choose classes or even play sports. There are things I liked about middle school like size. I always knew everybody. But there are things I like better than Middle school. For instance, High school is a much more welcoming environment.” I think we can all agree with Jenna on this one.

When asked what excited her most about finally being in high school, Jenna is especially excited for the whole high school experience from the games to the assemblies, and everything in between. Living by what we all get told, “High school is supposed to be the best time of your life, so you should always try to make the most of it.” Jenna of course is a social butterfly, and hopes to make a lot more new friends, who she’s able to have fun and experience new things with. . She can always count on her friends to turn the bad days into good ones. “ It’s nice to know that their is someone there for you to turn to.” Says Jenna.

As always, we have to keep our grades up to par, and between balancing homework and other activities, Jenna finds it to be a breeze. An honor student in the making, Jenna always seems to get most of her work done in class. In addition, if she has extra homework that she needs to get done, Jenna finds time after dance to complete it. She mentioned that the new four day week was a big help as she had three days to complete her homework if needed. Out of all her classes, Jenna enjoys US History 2 with Mr. Sterling the most. “He is an amazing teacher and the class is so much fun.  Their are interactions with each other and videos that help me understand things. His classroom is an amazing learning environment too.” Says Jenna. In her free time, Jenna enjoys taking a break from all of her responsibilities, and going to watch movies and old TV shows. Finally, if jenna could go anywhere in the world, she would go to Italy. She is certain that the food there would be amazing, and of course it is very beautiful.

Ashlyn Denzler, Sports Staff

Ashlyn Denzler is shy, but you’ll catch the creative side of her in the stories she writes. Outside of school, you can catch Ashlyn either dancing or...