Allie Jones Makes Her Presence Known in Centennial Athletics

January 29, 2019

Allie Jones is a student-athlete at Centennial High School. She is a sophomore and takes mostly honors classes and plans to take more during her time at Centennial. She plays basketball and soccer. She also plays soccer year round for a club in Denver called Real Colorado ECNL. During her time with this club, she has won 2 state championships and one Region 4 championship.

Jones wreaks havoc whether it’s on the court or the field. Jones works hard on and off the field and it shows. As a freshman, she was the SCL MVP and Offensive MVP along with SCL first team and 2nd team All-State for soccer. She has a pregame ritual and she feels like she doesn’t play the same if she forgets. She also was SCL all-defensive team for basketball, making her presence noticed in Centennial Athletics.

Allies love for competing started very young. She first started playing basketball at the age of six and soccer at the age of four. Having a lifetime of experience gives her a knowledge of the field and court that works to her advantage. It has also been a big part of making her the person she is today. Three words to describe her is determined, stubborn, and strong.

Since she is so determined, her main goals for athletics is to hopefully play soccer in college. She puts a lot of time and efforts into her athletics and hopes to have that dream come true.  Jones has been influenced very much by all of her experiences, people she’s met, and places she has been. When asked what athletics has done for her, Jones states, “Without athletics, I truly don’t know where I would be. They’ve always played such a big role in who I am and what makes me. Athletics have taught me how to be a leader, teamwork, patience, and so much more.”