Hot bats, Strong Pitching Leads to hot Start for the ‘Dogs

March 13, 2019

The 2019 Bulldog baseball team have done all the right things early in the season as they were able to open up the season with 11-1 drubbing of Palmer High School in their opener. .  After ending the season 3-16 last year, the Bulldogs look to improve under the leadership of 5 seniors, along with experienced coaches.

Both the Terrors and Bulldogs went scoreless the first two innings.  Centennial senior Keyshaun Telley was ejected in the second inning for arguing balls and strikes. Neither team was able to reach home until the bottom of the third when the Bulldogs struck for two runs to start the scoring. The fourth inning was much of the same for the Dogs as they were able to get another two runs to hold a 4-0 lead heading into the 5th inning.

The Bulldogs came out dominating the rest of the game. The Terrors were finally able to put up a run at the top of the inning, but this wasn’t enough as the Bulldogs were able to score seven runs in the bottom of the fifth to put the mercy rule in effect and walk away win an 11-1 win to open their season. The boys went on to score 7 more runs in this inning, ending the game with a score of 11-1.

The Bulldogs have gone on to play 2 other games, defeating the Coronado Cougars 12-1 and number 10 ranked Canon City Tigers 13-3. In these three games, none of them have yet to go beyond 5 innings. Our Centennial Bulldog Baseball Team is on a mission to prove themselves this season, they began the toughest part of their schedule this weekend as all four opponents have been to the playoffs in the past 2 years. They began the Hornet Invitational Friday at 9 AM against 4A no. 9 Palmer Ridge.